The objective on Tomb is simple; three Webweavers will drop in each lane, immediately summoning two Spider-Servants. These minions are the main advantage of getting a turn in - they deal incredibly high single target damage, and will absolutely smash buildings down. The Webweaver itself will occasionally send out a high-damage AoE waveclear, but the main meat of the objective comes from the Weavers own summons.You can increase the value of your objective by stacking your waves.
Ensure that, vertically across the map, waves are uniformly pushed out and ready to push before your Webweavers arrival.
1. Weavers Decay Over Time - They naturally lose HP just for existing, so if they have to walk a long way across a lane, they'll have less time to smash down buildings.
2. Opponents Can Easily Focus Staggered Weavers - If the top Webweaver hits the enemy fort ten seconds before the middle one, that's ten whole seconds your opponents 4man can spend DPSing it down, then move middle as a group and do the same thing. If both push simultaneously, your opponents don't get that luxury - they need to split into two groups, and regardless, will give up some structures entirely.
3. Weavers Drop Where the Wave Is - If your opponents have a wave pushed right to your keep, your Webweavers will drop down right by your keep. There's no way for them to travel all the way to your enemies' structures in time; they'll, at best, clear a wave or two before dying.
On the other hand, if you ensure your waves are uniformly pushed out, you'll force your opponents to make split decisions on where they can focus their limited attention - making your objective 2 or 3 times stronger!
Let's look at that from the other side - what can you do to make your opponents objective weaker?
1. Stagger Their Waves - Clear as many waves as possible, and force your opponents Webweavers to clash with your buildings one at a time.
2. Take Mercs, Capture Them Late - By capping your bruisers or siege camp right before an objective, you can ruin the position of an enemy wave, or negate the Weavers themselves entirely!
3. Aggressively Hard-Push a Lane - If you can group your team and push a lane hard, you can prevent a weaver from achieving any value by forcing it to walk all the way down. Remember, they lose HP every second just standing there!
In addition, there's a secret win condition on Tomb; if you can take two objectives in a row, you can almost guarantee victory
by pushing your opponents waves so hard that they can't possibly come back!
That'll do it for this week's Macro Thursday - if you have additional questions, you can find answers at my Discord!
Take care! o/